zondag 18 februari 2018

Af en toe een fragment - Ron Currie

A confession: I am not a good literary citizen, in the sense that I've never cared much one way or the other about bookstores. For a long time I found myself looking around at the posture of communal support and gratitude displayed by the authors toward their favourite booksellers, and I wondered why I was so deficient, in this regard, by comparison. I didn't get all that excited by the notion of independent enterprise, didn't understand why it was such a big deal. More often than not I bought books through Amazon, and for the usual reasons: it was cheap and spared me the trouble of talking to people, and I could transition from book shopping to masturbation much easier than at a brick-and-mortar store.

Auteur Ron Currie in My Bookstore.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten